Dublin


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
September 8th 2013
Saved: March 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

8th September - Sunday Dublin

The morning was leisurely for us so we stepped out into the chilly rainy day about 10am to fetch some breakfast - or so we thought but nothing was open.

We strolled about and ended up in Connell Street which is a wide promenade through Dublin and it’s main street. The place was a sea of people dressed in either yellow/blue for County Clare or red/white for Cork.

It was the Grand Final day for the game of Hurling and 84,000 were off to the match.

The cheeky Clare supporters had cars painted yellow/blue and balloons, flags etc on them and they drove their cavalcade up and down tooting away. It was amusing.

Finally, we found a place to eat. It was Ta Chinese restaurant where the waiter was all flustered and they had no idea how to serve up an Irish (English) traditional breakfast. But rather than be annoying it was really funny to watch as we weren't in any rush.

Beside us sat an Irish couple who now live in Devon, England they were up for a chat with us and very friendly

At 2:30 our Trafalgar Tour began Our Tour Guide is named Betty She is nice enough but not overly efficient. We were passed over to a local guide named Adele. She took us past St Patricks, Guiness factory, Temple Bar,Trinity College, the Georgian section of Dublin, which is a Preservation area and Phoenix Park.

Within this 1760 acre park there is a Zoo which breeds Lions The original MGM Lion was bred here.

Also the President of Ireland resides there as well as the American Embassy. I don't know why the USA gets such priority over other Nations but “ There you go!” Polo matches were also in progress and the park houses a large herd of deer, but none appeared for us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 71, Displayed: 23


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb