Grand Tour of Ireland 2012 Day 9: Pride Parade and Day of Rest


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
June 30th 2012
Published: March 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We so needed a break from traveling and doing the tourist thing. We woke up late and slowly made our way over to DUblin. They were having the Pride Parade today so we wanted to be supportive and be there. We first went to see the Children of Lir Statue at the peace park. Its supposed to represent the children of Lir who were transformed into swans until St. Patrick came and Christianized them turning them back into human form.

We then went and waited for the parade. I love the sight of out and proud people, gays, lesbians, families, and drag queens! There were plenty of people out and about as well as some protesters but we didn't pay attention to them. the city center was so crowded that the only way to get out was to join in the parade. Colby and I started marching behind several banners. We were for Gay Educators then Gay Families. At one point were marched behind the Trans Rights Banner. "What do we want?" Trans Rights!" "When do we want them?" "Right Now!" Yay rights!

We ended our peaceful day strolling and lounging around Dublin and eating more delicious foods. It was nice just to get a day of rest.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb