Dublin Day 3


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
June 12th 2011
Published: June 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today was a rainy Sunday. We slept in. Went to Bewleys for lunch, the headed to the National Museum of History and Archaeology. Its free and only open from 2-5 on Sunday. We spent most of that time there. The gift shop is wonderful! It was a great way to spend an afternoon. The history of Ireland from the Vikings to the early new age through present is represented. There is a gorgeous gold room of found objects unearthed all over Ireland. I gathered that these we're objects tossed in the bog as a gift to the underworld, or to save them from marauders. We shopped a little on the way back at Grafton Street. Room service light dinner and off to the Music Pub Crawl. More than just a pub crawl, only three pubs really. Two gifted musicians led us around, and explained the instruments, the timing and culture of Irish Traditional Sessions, or groups of musicians jamming. We startein Temple Bar at Gogarty's, went on to the Hapenny Pub, then on to Brannigans over near Henry Street. We walked past the Spire, so it was good to see that new landmark. After walking back to Brooks Hotel, we decided we both love Dublin, and Cammy would love Dublin. Lots of walking, they speak English, and a wonderful, rich culture. It draws you in and keeps you at a fast pace. Great dining, entertainment options. Yes, its pricey but there are no surprises. 3 course pub meals for 20 euro, earlybird specials. It's all what you're willing to pay. Early flight to Sligo in the am. Off to Enniskillen, Northern Ireland tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb