The Longest Day (Days 1 & 2)


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
May 11th 2010
Published: May 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

josh restingjosh restingjosh resting

josh resting
Still just waking up as I sit outside of Customs in the Dublin Airport waiting for Josh's delayed flight to get in. I actually got some good sleep on the plane as I was heavily medicated. Yesterday was just a hassle at JFK but it worked out alright as I ended up just taking an earlier Aer Lingus flight on the same route. Watched a little Curb (good) and The Men Who Stare at Goats (not so good) on the plane over. Also played what I assume was the UK version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire. That got a little frustrating though as all the questions seemed to be about cricket and Limey slang. Ended up talking to this kid Brandon sitting next to me who is on a group "educational" tour of Ireland with fellow students from Marshall. Besides that there isn't much to add.

Ended up checking into our hostel (Four Courts Hostel), much recommended. It's got darts, pool table, lounge, big common area, etc. plus the staff are real chill and helpful. Josh and I ended up just walking around the nearby part of Dublin north of Liffey River before making dinner in the hostel kitchen. (By the way Josh set the alarm off in the grocery store by going out the wrong door. Haha). Besides that, it was just a long day full of traveling and getting acclimated. More to come, plus pics when I get to an internet cafe.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

river liffeyriver liffey
river liffey

river liffey


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb