Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
March 3rd 2008
Published: March 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We rode into Dublin on the same bus line that took us out. And I was actually able to sleep this time! Once in Dublin we made our way to Connelly St. and walked down the main drag of the city. Then we made our way to the Guiness Storehouse by the most round about path possible. On the bright side we did get to see all of the property from the ground level. Once we got to the storehouse it was time to learn about barley, hops, yeast and water. The fifth ingredient is the most important of course and this is the experience of the master brewer.

When I first heard about the guiness tour I thought it might be a guided tour, but is is actually all automated, but still good. Once again I was happy it was the off season. We got to also learn about cooperage the art of making the oak barrels and the art of advertising guiness. All of the tour leads upto the gem of reaching the Gravity Bar and the breathtaking view of the city. The bar is only seven stories up but it is one of the highest spots in the city and as such offers a unique view. The guiness stout has to be one of my favorite drinks now.

After the storehouse we went off to see more the city. We went through Dublin Castle, upto Trinity Bar and got on the DART to atke us to Joseph LittleĀ“s house. In the little time there, we had a great time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb