Yorkshire to Donegal


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Donegal » Lifford
February 26th 2008
Published: March 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

IrelandIrelandIreland

Some typical Irish countryside.
Woke up early in the morning to drive in to Driffield to catch the bus over to Leeds. This time it was the Coastliner bus. I tried to sleep as much as possible but these buses and roads are not accomedation with all the stops they make. We missed the first bus out of Leeds bus station, and the second one was running late. I was worried we might miss our check-in time and miss the flight as Ryan Air is one of the most punctual airlines in Europe at moment or so they advertise. Thankfully though there weren't enough buses running at the airport to ferry people to their planes so our flight was delayed an hour. The flight over to Dublin has to be one of the most fun I've had as far as turbulence goes. It felt like it was half amusement park ride. As we were boarding the plane the wind would have ripped my hat off had I not been holding on to it, and the wind was strong enough to keep one from walking in a straight line.

Once we arrived in Dublin the information desks were very helpful in directing us to the right bus. The Irish accent takes a little getting used to, the Yorkshire accent in comparison is cake. Meeting the Mc Menamin's was great, but after a long day of travel I think I'll sleep well tonight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb