Dublin part two


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
October 19th 2012
Published: April 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

This morning we caught up on some much needed sleep and then went down to breakfast just before it ended at 10am. After breakfast, we took the bus into the city center again. We still had one more day on our hop-on hop-off bus so we jump on it. We rode it around until the Jameson Distillery this time. We really enjoyed the tour and our free Jameson and ginger at the end. The girls just had ginger ale. We ate lunch at Jameson, in the cafe and it was really good actually! When we got back on the bus, we rode it to near the end of the line and visited the National Leprechaun Museum. I did not want to go to this but ended up liking it. When we finished that tour, it was about 6pm and we would meet Francis at 6:15pm so we hurried to get to the Gresham Hotel where we would meet him.

We arrived just before he did and when he walked in, I recognized him instantly. He took us a few blocks away to a nice pub where we had some drinks and snacks and where we could chat. It was lot of fun but after the one man band started, it became too loud really so we called it a night. Francis walked with us to our bus stop and then left once we got on. We enjoyed meeting Francis and he was very kind and fun to talk with. We rode the bus back to the hotel and then I had to decide if we should go back to the USA through Nice or Brussels. You see, the flights from Dublin back to the US were full. After looking at the weather, I saw that Brussels would be in the 50s and Nice in the 70s, so.......Nice it is!!! I purchased some discount tickets on Aer Lingus and then we went to sleep. I already had hotels set up for both places so I canceled the Brussels hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0827s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb