Can't believe we are in Dublin!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
October 18th 2012
Published: April 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

It was about a 15 minute ride to our hotel-the Holiday Inn Express. We checked in and even though it was only around 8am, we were able to have a room already. We put up our stuff and went down to the breakfast buffet. I was not too hungry, but did have some water and coffee. We asked at the front desk, about getting into town via public transport, and Janice was so helpful! We would walk a few minutes to the bus stop and then it would be about 30 minutes to the city center. We wen to the room to change and then left for the bus.

The bus was packed but we did get seats upstairs. Once we were in the city, we purchased tickets for a hop-on hop-off bus. I don't really care for those, but they are good when you need to see a lot in a short amount of time.

We rode it around for a bit and then made the Guinness Storehouse our first stop. We did the self-guided tour and then I poured my own Guinness to savor. The girls got the free soft drinks upstairs in the Gravity Bar. After a couple of hours there, we rode the bus to back around to O'Connell Street and walked around. I made my visit to the Hard Rock Cafe and bought a pin and then we went to find some dinner. We settled for a place called Eddie Rockets, which was an American 50s-style diner. It was ok but I should have gone somewhere better. As it got dark out, we rode the bus back to our hotel and called it a night. I spoke with Francis(Fransglobal) about meeting the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb