Day 2 in Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin » Clonskeagh
August 2nd 2013
Published: August 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Our Intervac European Adventure


Toured around Dublin today on the Hop-on Hop-off bus. A 48 hour pass allows us to travel to most areas of the city and stop at whatever sites, restaurants, pubs, etc. that we want, dramatically cutting down on the walking. First stop, Trinity College and the Book of Kells. The most impressive thing here was the Long Room library; VERY Harry Potterish as you can see in the photos.

The Avoca Café for lunch (thank you Sinead for that great recommendation) then off to the Guinness Storehouse to learn all about brewing this nectar of the Gods and of course to partake in the "free" pint they offer on their top floor with the fantastic view of the city.

Lastly we stopped in at the Kilmainham Gaol to learn about some of Dublin's history of famine and uprisings and view the horrid conditions that thousands suffered in this prison, and the executions of various rebellion leaders that took place there.

Fish and Chips for supper again but this time at a much better restaurant (Beshoff), yet again a fantastic recommendation from Sinead. Finished off the evening in our hotel bar with an Irish Coffee and some live traditional Irish music.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0801s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb