The last blog...


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Donegal » Donegal
June 25th 2008
Published: June 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Here we are in Donegal, Ireland, ancestral home of James Greer...

We took the ferry from Holyhead, Wales to Dublin on Friday and spent the night in a very nice hotel. Saturday we took a bus tour down to Cork and Blarney Castle. Seeing the castle and kissing the Blarney Stone (I did; Dad declined) were pretty cool, but the tour itself... not so much. We decided no more tours for us; we're doing the rest of the sightseeing on our own.

Sunday we chilled out for a while, planned the rest of the trip, and went to see Indiana Jones, which I quite enjoyed.

Monday we left Dublin and drove througha very scenic countryside to the Cliffs of Moher. Dad wouldn't let me near the edge, but the cliffs were still impressively high and we took a few good pictures. Afterward we drove north to Galway and spent the night there.

Tuesday we slept in a little while and then drove up to Donegal, even farther north, and stayed there that night. (Oh, and for dinner Tuesday night I ate a hamburger the size of my head. It was delicious.)

It's now Wednesday morning and we're getting ready to make the drive to Giant's Causeway and then down to Belfast Airport. We're staying in a hotel pretty close by so that we can catch our flight easily tomorrow morning. This is probably the last blog entry we'll have. Cheers!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb