Day 5


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Kinsale
July 17th 2013
Published: July 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 5

We started our day with a killer breakfast and then off to the Jameson distillery for our tour. Very interesting to see all the old buildings and see how they make Irish whiskey. And, we got do do some "sampling" (at 11am). Then we were off to the town of Cobh ( pronounced "cob"). This is where a lot of emigrants left for other countries and also the last port of call for the Titanic. We also stopped by the St. Coleman's cathedral. Next we went to the city of Cork (in County Cork (the locals pronounce it Caaahhhk), and walked around a bit and went to the Old English market. There we found cheese,fish,meats,etc. we bought some local cheese, an Irish cheddar and a blue, very tasty, and a sausage sandwich for lunch. Then off we went on another walk to the Franciscan Well pub for a pint. Only one pint was had as we needed to get back to the van and on the road before traffic got too bad. Back to the hotel for a little rest before dinner. We had a very nice dinner at Fishy Fishy restaurant. Since it was still early we thought we'd go for a walk to Charles Fort. Along the way we came upon the Scilly Walk trail. We thought it would be a short walk, but we could see the fort in the distance and it was much farther than we thought, so we turned around (turned out to be 5 kilometers). Since we were on the Scilly Walk trail, we thought it would be fun to imitate the Monty Python sketch (silly walk). So, here we are doing silly walks on the Scilly Walk trail. Just a bit silly, but we had fun with it. Stopped at a pub for a quick pint and then back to the hotel for the night, well at least Janet and myself, the youngins and Carl stayed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



17th July 2013

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day...
Glad to hear the breakfasts are 'killer'. What the heck are they feeding you, anyway? I hope it was substantial enough for Jameson at 11:00 am (you know, it's only 6 am at home so you are really pushing it). What, no pictures of animals today? Something's a little off!
17th July 2013

Would love to have seen you on your silly walk. Not much time left.

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb