Day 6


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
July 18th 2013
Published: July 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 6

Another exciting day in Ireland today. But first, I would like to remember my brother Joe on the tird (that's Irish for "third") anniversary of his passing. We love you Joe! We started by visiting Charles Fort (since we didn't make it the previous evening). Then off we went to the town of Waterford. We took the tour of Waterford crystal and saw some really cool stuff. Very interesting to see how they make the crystal. Next, we headed to Dublin. Arrived in Dublin around 4 and had to say our goodbyes to our most awesome driver Eric. We presented him with a nice twelve year bottle of Irish whiskey and he was very touched. Off to the pub we went to have our first pint of the day. Then it was time for the literary pub crawl, and that was a very fun event. The actors were great and all the folks we talked to along the way were just as great. Always nice to meet the local folks and here their stories. We started heading back to the hotel around midnight or so and got lost. It was quite the adventure trying to find our hotel and what should've been a 10 minute walk turned out to be about 45 minutes. Oh, we also stopped at a McDonald's and that was interesting as well (to say the least). When we got back to the hotel, it was very warm and we had no air conditioning and rough trying to sleep with all the street noise and revelry outside. We're hoping to secure a hotel fan tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb