4 Days in Iceland


Advertisement
Europe » Iceland
September 17th 2014
Published: September 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

On September 2nd I left Paris on Icelandair and flew back to Denver, Colorado. On the way to the U.S. , I took advantage of the airline's free stop-over offer and spent 3 nights and 4 days in Reykjavik. I was a bit apprehensive because the Bardarbunga volanco had been erupting for a few weeks, and, like everyone, I remembered the 2010 eruption of another volcano that spit up ash and caused many fl... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




17th September 2014

Hello Hilary, Thanks for sharing. We always wanted to visit this country. Very interesting. Jerome.
21st September 2014

Iceland comment
Thanks for commenting, Jerome!
17th September 2014

Blue Lagoon
Dear Hilary - I'm just back from a soak in the Blue Lagoon. Can't thank you enough for mentioning your massage. I partially tore my Achille's playing tennis a few weeks beforehand and feel like a new person now after having a treatment there. I've still got a ways to go before full recovery but am on the healing path. I'd love to buy one of those floating mats if I could find a source. We're here for another week so perhaps I'll pay another visit and remember to ask next time. Hugs across the waters, Jack*
21st September 2014

Blue Lagoon, massages, etc.
Hi jacke, Sorry to hear about your Achilles heel. Wasn't the massage on the floating mattress great? I do hope you got back to the Blue Lagoon. Did you also go to the "secret lagoon"? Much smaller, no massages, but also very relaxing. Enjoy the rest of your trip.
18th September 2014

Iceland
Hi Hilary - thanks for this...I have wanted to go there for ages and didn't know about the stopover possibility. Maybe for my next visit to California!
21st September 2014

going to Iceland
Yes, stop off there on your way back to the U.S. sometime!
21st September 2014

We went to Iceland with our grandson 6 years ago but in the summer and had more sunny days from the looks of your photos. But you certainly got a lot of sights in in a short time! The scenery is majestic and fascinating and the Blue Lagoon is the best place to spend a relaxing day. In fact we went back for more. There is another similar warm spring lake in the north, a little more "nature". Did you sample the night life? Very friendly and active so we heard...
21st September 2014

nightlifein Reykjavik
Thanks for commenting, Julia. No, I didn't get out to the pubs, as I was alone and was completely exhausted from my full days of sightseeing. But, I, too, have heard the nightlife in Reykjavik is fun. When i was there, there sure were a lot of young people from different countries visiting Iceland.

Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0138s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb