Last days in the icey -land


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » Southwest » Reykjavík
September 9th 2011
Published: September 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After some action packed days, driving on the wrong side of the road scaring the locals, we figured it was time to chill out and hang around town in one of the many natural the hot pools.
The weather started to get alot cooler so it was nice to have done all the outdoorsy hiking etc during the 1st few days, so we didn't freeze to death.
We ended up in a last min decision going to an orchestra at the Harpa concert hall (the big square glass building). Being all civilised watching pieces of Rachmaninoff and Shostakovich. The concert hall was amazing, apparently one of the top 7 in the world of acoustics. Icelanders are very arty and love their concerts etc.
So even though Iceland had an economic meltdown, they still found enough money in the bank to build this giant concert hall.
Thought we would be groupies (well we as in I) and go drop in to see Bjork. Everybody in town knows where she lives, so we drove by and took some photos. Didn't want to get too close, incase she came running out like a screaming banshee and punched me out.
Was a nice relaxing last few days, had a really great time in Iceland. Now back to Mexico for some more sun, before i head home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb