Homeward Stretch


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » Southwest » Reykjavík
July 17th 2023
Published: July 17th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Winds have dropped so we are good to go for Reykjavík. Over the mountains on gravel again but a really scenic drive.

Got into the burbs of Reykjavík and decided to go and do one of their tourist attractions before I took the van back to its home. This place is called “Perlan” and it represents Iceland’s fire, ice and water.

Very impressive building and the displays were also very impressive. Into an ice cave at one stage. Froze my bits off. But worth the experience.

Out and off up our hotel where I will drop the girls with all the luggage and go out to the airport to drop the van off.

Tiny little streets in Reykjavík so had to be extra cautious with mirrors and street widths. Dropped off ok then I set off. All good. GPS makes it much easier to get through town.

Make it to the servo near the Motorhome place, fill up with diesel and a new gas bottle. Not cheap but worth the effort for all we have seen and done in the Motorhome.

The Motorhome people dropped me off at the airport where I took the skybus alternative back into town.

Found the girls and a place to eat. Yummo. Like a tapas bar and extremely nice tucker.

Out again into the streets and back to the hotel for an early night. Up early tomorrow for our into the volcano tour. Got to be at the bus stop by 0730. Interesting……

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb