Day 1 in Iceland


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » Southwest » Grindavík
July 23rd 2018
Published: July 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Landed successfully, at 7:30am, grabbed our luggage and some duty free so we could have a night cap then we waited for Wild Campers to come pick us up. He was running a little late but arrive to the big smile and some excellent suggestions on killing some time before our blue Lagoon visit.
We went to the wild campers logs where are you tall young man told us all about the van and the roads in Iceland. He and his wife both the company and a small campsite right next to the office building. Inside the office building he has a self serving breakfast bar where axle grab a coffee. Just on the hill there are four or five contemporary looking cottages that he rents out.
After finishing all the paperwork and everything that needed to be done, we organize some of the stuff inside our van and hit the road. He drove up and around the coast with the Blue Lagoo as the destination for 1pm.
Our first stop was Stampar. Stampar was an enormous lava field.
It was pretty incredible to climb to the top of it. The lava rock consumed the ground. It was at this moment I realized my little flats were not going to cut it for this Icelandic terrain. Leaving the Stampar, we drove along the coast inhaling all of Icelands beauty.
We arrived a little early at The Blue Lagoon but it allowed us the opportunity to look around and then have a little siesta in the back of the van. We were out like a light


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb