Quiet Travel Day


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » Northwest » Búðir
July 15th 2023
Published: July 16th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Wiped the water off the inside of the windscreen this morning. Rang the Motorhome people who said to just come in and we will see what we can do about fixing the stuck step.

Found our way there and went inside. Man asked if I was here to pick up a car. No, we have a step issue. Hmm, he has a look then goes to get a colleague who might know more. He has a look. Hmm. Now I know that they have no clue. 1st guy makes a call then comes back and says the mechanic is available and I need to go to him which is just around the corner.

The mechanics look at it. Hmm. One starts playing trying to push it back in while the other offers ideas (ignored). Finally there is movement and it is back in. But not for long. Very limp now. Won’t stay in. More scratching of mechanical heads and finally they wander around the workshop and find an octopus strap. That is attached to hold the step under the van. Step is now unusable.

I asked if they had something to use as a step. Nope. He suggests we go back to the rental place and they should either get one or might have one. Back we go. My man meets us and says he has spoken to the mechanic. No step here. Suggestion is we go and purchase a step and we will get reimbursed when we drop the van back in Reykjavík.

He then gives me a few “Bunnings” type stores to go to. Off we head to the Icelandic bunnings. Big store on the top of a hill. Very impressive store. Ask where we might find a step. Bingo bango…. Find just the one and purchase it. Away we now go towards Reykjavík. Our target today is Búdardalur.

Pretty ordinary country on this part of the trip. No waterfalls to speak of, a few horses and cows here and there and lots of green paddocks and hillsides.

Made it to our target town and parked in the campsite which is at the end of a fjord. Windy but not wet. Can cope with that.

Lazy sort of day but hope to get to the Snaefellsnes peninsula tomorrow. Wind speeds hopefully allowing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb