Budapest - the remainder


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary
September 10th 2011
Published: September 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

OK, before you get mad that there are no photos in the next few blogs, don't despair. My camera battery is low and I need to buy an adapter. I somehow thought it would be easier to find this in the hotels, but not the ones I am staying in, so prepare if you come. You may have to wait till end of Sept for these photos since Tim used his camera and I'll need to reconcile photos with him.

Anyway, a rough summary of Sept 9-11:
1) Did a bus tour. Got one that was in about 6 languages and there was not of enough time for the guide to give any detail since he had to translate so much. Always get an exclusive english tour. Main sights are the Fisherman's Castillion, the Castle, and St. Stephen's (patron saint of the city) church.
2) Visit Migrit Island in the middle of the Danube. You can actually walk from a bridge. Quite a party place with clubs a blazing. A lot of the yuppie Hungarians it appears.
3) Museum of Fine Arts. Actually got a tour of Dutch painters from a native Hungarian who now lives in Denmark. She really explained everything in great detail and with amazing insight into symbolism. Eric got a little crush .
4) Web to a wine festival at the Castle. The upper crest of society was there. I felt they were more snooty than other places, so I guess I am just a working man 😊


The Hungarian people are very fun loving and they seem to always be out doing stuff even though this is not a rich nation.

One tip: get a Budapest card here which is available in 24/48/72 hour versions. It gives you all free public transport, lots of discounts and certain free museums. Easily paid for itself and was very convenient not having to buy metro tickets.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



13th September 2011

Cannot wait to see photos. Food must be good. Any trace of the Mogolians?
17th September 2011

Hungarians rule!
Sounds like you enjoyed Budapest. So what was her name? Glad to hear my native homeland shares my spirit as well. What was it... Fun loving? Yep. Glad you are doing well. Can't wait to see some more pics. Safe travels.

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb