Walking in the Thunder Buda Hill - Day 2 Grad Trip


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
June 6th 2007
Published: June 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Second Day in Budapest was walking... walking ... walking... up to Buda Hill!

Well, before hand we stopped by at Nypoti (can't spell) train station to get our tickets for Zagreb - 28 euros each. Gosh... everything is so cheap compare to the UK. Imagine how much this would cost for a 6 hour train journey... at least 50pounds even for a young person card... ridiculous!

anywayz, afterwards we walked around the Váci Utca the main shopping street in Budapest, and it starts raining! Hence we decide to stop by and have lunch first before going further to Buda Hill. We took the cable car up, and the thunderstorm came! saw the rain splashing down the ground so hard (and I think it's more like hale storm than thunderstorm... but i did saw lightning... and hear thunder...) that freaks me out... but it eventually only last for 10 mins and gladly we are out on the hill again. took lots of pic up there, and the one I like the most is the Fisherman's Bastion! (yes, it's fisherman!!! don't know why it's call finisherman but the building sure looks cool!) and also went into one of the caves under the hill that was originally used as a hide out place during the war. and now it has turned into an artistic cave form full of Coca Cola... and other odd shapes ... a very cool place indeed... but too dark... even with the oil lamp...

anywayz... afterwards in the evening we had dinner around St.Stephen's Basiclla... around that area. taste ok... but food there do cost a lot more than I thought... anywayz. some pics for you to see!


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Váci Utca 2Váci Utca 2
Váci Utca 2

with the group pic
famous statuefamous statue
famous statue

even though I don't know the name...
the calbe car trackthe calbe car track
the calbe car track

viewing back to the chain bridge and Pest
??????
???

I don't know what they are doing to the model...
cave cave
cave

me in red eyes!
cave 3cave 3
cave 3

big hands!
cave 4cave 4
cave 4

coca cola


Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.099s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb