Highlight


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest » Pest
June 16th 2010
Published: June 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

"On the Moon""On the Moon""On the Moon"

Driving around with the ATV and not worry to much about if we fly away
We have to tell a lot.
Yesterday we arrived back to Hungary, and now Lizzy is in Kecskemét with her parents for few days before she goes back to the Home, to an other little town. I'm in Budapest for the next 3 days, before I go to Stratford Apon Avon (England) for a training. Maybe I will move there for a while to work and experience more black tea with milk. No, I love my espresso!
So the highlight of the 5 weeks in the USA was definitely the Black Rock Desert adventure with the dirt-bikes and ATV and our big Tent and lovely campers around. It was amazing to see Her there. Lizzy is quite a city girl and an indoor person until someone doesn't come to safe her from this.
We arrived out there on the 29.Th of May and stayed 3 days.
We had different kind of activities, for example driving bikes out from the camp with no control, having breakfast alone on the ATV and listening how the wind sounds when there is nothing to knock up against. Just the sand and above it the sky with all kinds of colors that depends the daytime.
When
P5300354P5300354P5300354

Spirit of the desert
I'm talking from my heart and my English is crazily gas 😞 It makes me feel fool. In a nice easy-going way 😊... Come on Lizzy, help me out! Wherever you're hiding now.
So we arrived to the desert, went through weird small places on the way there - which wouldn't surprise me here in Hungary where we have lot's of cute or frightening (for those who has no eyes for special spirit) villages-, wondering how people lives their daily life in the middle of "wonderland". Probably is the same question what comes to their mind if they get out from there and go to a big City, where people spend their life's in ,,sin" or in the shopping center's and supermarket's acid stomach, what looks from outside a big pain (of course if you have no money for this kind of staff, otherwise it's a pleasure 😊 ). People don't get each other or if they do, than they learnt. So better not stop at the petrol station in the middle of nowhere with a camera in your right hand and a well lined purse in the pocket. Why? Try it!
But we did, and even with just the
A confused man :)A confused man :)A confused man :)

This is confusing to be silently with a gun, riding a dirt bike between theology and geology.
camera in my hands i felt like a typical monkey from Europa who is going to the Moon. I loved the way. This Pyramid lake is interesting and I listened a bit of horror about it that people disappeared there while fishing. It is clever to tell it to people on the way and make them think how wild is the Wild West. It is very very WILD 😊 I promise, but not as wild without human nature as with it.
We had nice food every night with some drink and we made fireplace between the campers to sit around and listen each other. We had private made illegal enjoyable firework-show (wouldn't be as much fun if it's legal😊, one day spin with the bikes and ATV to far from our camp with the team to find the thermal water where you could be cooked in a second if you fall in it. An other horror I got know it attached to this place... One day a guy took his dog there and the poor fellow run into this hot water, after him his frightened owner and both immediately through huge unbelievable pain...well they died. Those are the stories which
WaterWaterWater

well it's hot
unforgettable and we really would love to not remember. It's like domino. The one who told me heard it before from an other one who showed the place to him and of course I had to talk about it. Maybe it's just a legend.
But the place is wonderful. Nothing really there just those stinger bushes and more sand between and this hot smelly stream called hot spring. So Lizzy spent 3 hours riding the ATV between two insane driver, her sister and myself or her niece. She enjoyed it anyway. Her chair waited for her sitting in the desert alone.
All the roads, all the sand and dirt, all the smell and dry air including the adventure.
To be together for the same goal and to share the time with different kind of people, different age different culture,- background and style of living, is the experience. If I remember well i heard more than few times that word handicapped and whatever it means, it means nothing to me. What really exist is all relative and be stupid or not, nothing is impossible if you believe in it (except Santa Claus and his friends, talking animals and flying pigs, headless
HOTSPRINGHOTSPRINGHOTSPRING

hotspring
pigeon which drives the bus and staff like that) Get to know or not each other but be able to do things together is basic to enjoy your time... So those who were there could not imagine Liz on the desert, but now their mind opened a bit. Thanks for her Sister and brother-in-law! Nothing else left just to fly.
So now this time is over. See you on the moon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

to be or not to beto be or not to be
to be or not to be

to sit or not sit
trallalallatrallalalla
trallalalla

I believe I can touch the sky huuuuhuuuu


21st June 2010

you are bouth big hero
it a wonderfull story !!!!
29th July 2010

Accessible travel to and in Thailand
Hello Lizy and Detti, We have read your Blog and we think it is grate you took the challenge of traveling in your wheelchair to a different part of the world. We do also. And we write about it at our Blog, specifically about Thailand http://wheelchairthailand.blogspot.com . We also rent out a few holidays homes for disabled people. Take a look at http://www.gehandicapten.com . Hope to see you in Thailand.

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb