Another day in Corinth


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
June 29th 2008
Published: June 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We had a free day today. I slept and read most of the day, as I wasn't feeling very well, but that is another story for another time. I will add the story later.....maybe.

This evening we went nextdoor (the boat next to us, well yacht actually) to watch the Germany vs. Spain soccer game on their TV. This yacht has five bedrooms, a kitchen, lounge area, etc... It was insane!!! The captain Fred, is from France, butruns the yacht for the Jordanian owner. The only crew member was Philip, who cooked us a lovely meal, I believe he said he was from Martinique, in the Carribean.

Unfortunetly Germany lost, but Spain deserved it since they out-ran, and out-played Germany. We got to watch the game in one of the bedrooms, with air conditioning!!!!!!!!! It was heavenly!!

Tomorrow we have another free day. Randi Jo and I are in charge of provisoning, so we must go to the market, but other than that we get to do whatever we want. We leave then the day after tomorrow, I am not sure yet where we are sailing, but our goal is to make it to Ithaca before we make the passage to Italy.

Greece has wonderful, hot (but I like that) and very interesting. I love the history that is everywhere. We have been to many places where Paul was, and so many other biblical/historical figures.

We could use continued prayer for health as we have both had some interesting things happen, mostly bad sunburn (Randi Jo) and allergic reactions to bug bites (Me). Also for spiritual health. We both have experienced some interesting spiritual happenings. We have both been having disturbing dreams, and feelings when we go places. We believe it has alot to do with the idol worship and cultic things that are a part of the history of Greece. Maybe that sounds weird, but the spiritual world is very real, and here it is especially apparent. Prayer would be a blessing!!

Greetings from Corinth!! Kali spera!!!

Advertisement



30th June 2008

Thank you for all your reports!
Thanks for all your reports! Sounds like you're having an amazing time in Greece!:) I also watched the game last night and no matter how much I cheered for Germany Spain was still the better team and they really did deserve to win.

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb