Olympia


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Thessaly » Meteora
February 24th 2007
Published: February 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

well ive made it to greece. Yesterday we spent over 24hrs travelling to Greece. We caught a train from Rome down to the port of Bari in the south of Italy and then the overnight ferry and another train and then bus down to Olympia. The travel was good though, we had deck passes on the ferry, which literally meant the deck!! So we meet 4 other backpackers and we all slept on couches on the decks below. Was good fun, i slept well. I think it was because me and i spanish guy i meant spent the nite having a few beers with the Greek bus drivers. I slept like a baby!

So Olympia was great i just got back from there. Id say its probably the most peaceful place ive ever been to. It was really beatuiful. I took some pictures which i will hopefully upload. Also i ran a lap of the track whilst Sarah filmed me, i think il put chariots of fire in the background! Strained a hamstring in the process because i forgot to strech, but it was good fun.

So im going hopefully to Korinthos for a couple of nites, we leave olympia t/m. We will go to ancient Korinth and then a day trip down to Mycenae hopefully the day after and then onto Athens for a few nites. Greece seems amazing so far, everyone is really friendly. Athens im guessing may be a bit different.

Anyway once again i hope all is well back in oZ and il hear from u soon

James

Advertisement



26th February 2007

HI
Hey jimmy, sounds like you guys are having a good time. uni has just gone back today and, it blows. Keep enjoying yourself, Jamie.
1st March 2007

I'm so jealous!
It all sounds so great! Greece was one of my favorite places. I'll be interested to hear your impressions of Athens. Has anyone asked you yet whether you know their cousin or uncle or friend in Sydney or Melbourne...? What do you think of the buildings? We weren't sure if they'd ever heard of building inspectors! Sleeping on deck....ah yes, I remember it well. Keep having a fantstic time, love Maria x

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb