Ermoupolis Syros


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Syros
June 9th 2011
Published: June 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

ErmoupolisErmoupolisErmoupolis

The harbour
Thursday 9th June, 2011

We left the room at 1040 and went for a stroll around the town.

We stopped at the Coffeeright cafe to have some coffee and croissants for our breakfast while watching the Blue Star Ithakis make it's morning visit.

Then all the way around to the end of the harbour wall looking at the long row of similar yachts as we went along. we have assumed that they are charter yachts.

Then the long hike up and up and up to Ano Syros, the Roman Catholic church overlooking the entire town. The weather was overcast to start with but very humid and hot. The sky cleared as we went along and we certainly sweated some climbing up.

Lovely view from the top looking all over the town. Then back down and as we walked Pat spotted the Commonwealth War Graves from the First World War, so we went to pay our respects. There are 111 persons who died in this part of the world and a few other British graves from the last hundred years or so.

Then headed straight for a beer and a coke we found a little cafe/bar
Ano SyrosAno SyrosAno Syros

The view looking down
and watched the world for a short while.

A little something to eat was next and we elected for a burger at Goody's (the Greek McDonald's equivalent) and then back to the room at just before 5 o'clock.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

ErmoupolisErmoupolis
Ermoupolis

The Commonweakth War Graves


Tot: 0.384s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb