Easy Mykonos


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Mykonos
May 22nd 2010
Published: May 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Winding streetsWinding streetsWinding streets

Little street off the beach. Most have homes and retail shops with little restaurants mixed in.
Many apologies for posting 3 blogs at once today (Mykonos, Kusadasi and Athens), but internet service is inconsistent by satellite...

Today is a really easy day for us. Just wandering around Mykonos. Nice day but might rain. We got off the ship at about 9, took a shuttle into town and just started walking along the shore. The vendors were out with wonderful looking produce, artichokes, parsley, tomatoes, cucumbers, lots and lots of fresh vegetables. The fish mongers were selling their fresh fish which can be smelled for a long way off. Everyone is very nice and we're looking forward to a lovely Greek lunch at a taverna on the beachfront. This is the BEST internet cafe so far!! 1 Euro for 15 minutes and just 4 Euros for an hour, hard to beat ;-)
Well, off to wander and see the sights, probably churches, churches, churches Will post the rest of our day tonight. Hope you're all having a great day.

Later,... Lots of kitties in Mykonos. Stopped on one of the small winding streets for a latte and baklava...yummm. We're happy to say we did not have one misadventure here. It was absolutely beautiful, whitewashed houses and blue roofs with lots of bouganvilla...just like all the photos ;-) never rained on us (thank heavens) and we just spent money ;-) Beautiful jewelry and clothing.

We may be going on to Athens... or not... it's unclear if the US State Department along with Princess think it is safe enough right now. We'll let you know tomorrow.

Advertisement



24th May 2010

Kitties?
I hope the kitties aren't starving strays. If they are, put them in your bag and bring them to me. And if the fresh vegetables look REALLY good, bring me some of them, too. I feel like I'm shopping on-line! And some of that beautiful jewelry and clothing would be nice too. Something colorful~ I'm not picky. Where are you going next?

Tot: 0.323s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.1082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb