Back onboard - the first 2 weeks


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Pelopennese
May 23rd 2008
Published: May 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


This summer we really hit the water running had no problems to delay us. We landed in Greece at 10am on Sunday morning. By the end of the day we had anti-fouled, polished and prepared for launching. We spent the night onboard still on the hard. On Monday morning we did a massive shop with our hire car visiting 3 different supermarkets - including LIDL and Champion. At 2 in the afternoon Freedom was launched and we loaded all our shopping onboard. At 8am the following morning we started our journey from the Ionion to the Aegean. 2 weeks and 215 nautical miles later we are here.

The first few days was re-visiting familiar places, we were then stuck in Patras waiting for the crazy wind to die down. When we escaped we only managed 2 days sailing (including a lunch stop in Trizonia) before we were holed up again waiting for acceptable weather. On 23 May we sailed the last section of the Gulf of Corinth and into the Corinth Canal. Wow, that was an experience. The pictures just don’t do it justice.

Since we have been in The Aegean - and more precisely the Saronic Gulf - the weather has been great, getting warmer each day and without gale-force winds. We haven’t been brave enough to go swimming yet though!







Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb