Corfu the beach paradise!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Ionian Islands » Corfu » Corfu Town
July 22nd 2011
Published: August 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Took the shuttle to town centre and went shopping at the flea market. Very old narrow streets. Walked down to the beach and Maddy went swimming fully clothed. It was hot. The water was warm. Got a little lost trying to find the beach. Pretty relaxing day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Arriving in CorfuArriving in Corfu
Arriving in Corfu

Corfu is a Greek Island in the Ionian Sea. It is known as a resort with heavenly beaches.
Blue Sky, Corfu architectureBlue Sky, Corfu architecture
Blue Sky, Corfu architecture

Our arrival in Corfu was with blue skies and the hot weather continued!! It is a very pretty city here with neat streets and well preserved buildings.
McDonaldMcDonald
McDonald

Along our travels in Italy and Switzerland, we had seen many McDonald's, Subways, Pizza Huts, etc but virtually none in Greece. We were told that Greeks do NOT like these types of fast food!
Coastal cityCoastal city
Coastal city

Corfu is very lovely and relaxing. The night life is supposed to be quite something. The James Bond film "For Your Eyes Only" was filmed here!
ShopsShops
Shops

We literally shopped at every port. There was always a variety of wares - clothing, purses, shoes, souvenirs, ceramics, olive wood sculptures, jewelery. Shop til you drop!!
daily gelato breakdaily gelato break
daily gelato break

It is a must to have gelato while in Italy and Greece. The girls had a gelato break every day and it is the most heavenly ice cream desert ever!
Corfu BeachCorfu Beach
Corfu Beach

We spent time at this beach at the end of the day. Maddy was so hot, she jumped in clothes and all!! The water is blue, the temperature is pleasant and the view is fantastic!!


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb