End of Seoul; Beginning of Athens


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
April 11th 2008
Published: April 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello again!

We made it through the last of Seoul; visiting markets and taking a city tour. The most amazing thing we saw on our tour was the only Buddist Temple allowed in Seoul proper. It had three huge golden Buddhas in it. They were super cool! (see pictures). We also saw the Seoul World Cup Stadium, which was kinda interesting. Steven liked it the best because he got to see the field and even got a cheesy tourist photo in the museum. We definitely had a good time and thank Sheldon a lot for his hospitality.

Our trip from Seoul to Athens took us about 26 hours. We had a 14 hour flight from Seoul to Doha, Qatar and then a 7 hour layover. Then we flew for another 4.5 hours from Doha to Athens. Needless to say we were very tired and dirty when we finally got to our hostel. We found, however, that Qatar Airways is amazing! We got lots of delicious, yes I said delicious, airline food. The service was fantastic! We can't wait to fly with them again some day. Unfortunatley as of now they don't service the US much. Also the Doha airport is super small. It does, however, have seriously cheap duty free booze. We bought a liter of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum for about $12.

Athens! We have pretty much seen all the sites we came to see..the Acropolis, the Parthenon, Temple of Zeus, Temple of Athena, the Ancient and Roman Agoras, the Archaelogical Museum, and we took a day trip today to Sounio (on the coast) to see the Temple of Posiedon. We love the bakeries and deli-like small businesses which are found on every street (sometimes there is more than one). They sell super yummy food for really reasonable prices. We ate yesterday for only 16 Euro, which is about $25; for the both of us, for the whole day! We also found some amazing peach apple juice, of which we have had about two liters in the last two days! We will be taking a ferry tomorrow to Italy. Next you here of us we will be eating pizza in Naples! Hugs and Love!

PS Due to lack of useful computers we will only be adding photos occasionally. When we return to the states we will have a photo show for you local people. For everyone else we will add the rest of the photos to this site. If our computer situation changes we will post photos regularly.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb