When in Rome...


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
July 20th 2007
Published: July 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, when we made it to Rome it was a lot like the first camp site we stayed at. It was really good times. During our stay we made it to the Vatican City (which wasn't all that exciting). In the Museum I actually found a 13th century picture of a guy giving the shoker... I will add it when Im done wrtting all of this. I thought it was great... but some didnt see it as funny as I did. Fuck them if they can't take a joke.

Anyways, so when we got to the Vatican there was a MASSIVE QUE. It went around like five of the walls of the city... but we knew we had to wait it. After that we checked out St. Peters Cathedral. We didnt go inside because it was too damn hot, and I was hung.. so we just got some cool pics from the outside. We also took some time to go check out the Coliseum. Thats where they use to do all the crazy gladiator fights way back in the day. That was really cool to see as well. Other then that Rome was alright, of course we were spending some time at the campsite playing kings with the Aussies.

After Rome we decided to take a trip down to Naples. We Spent two nights there, and during one of the days we went to go check out Pompei. If you dont know what that is, it was a city that got burried by a volcano explosion over 2000 years ago. That was really amazing. The city has paintings still on the walls, and floors that are still completly decorated. They even have cast mouldings of some of the bodys that were burried during the blast. It was unreal.

The main reason we went to Naples was so that we were closer to the ferry we had to take over to Greece. Let me tell you, that was an experiance all in itself. We got on it at 7:00pm. It left the port at 8... and we didnt get off until 12pm the next day. So what we did was buy a bunch of 3 euro bottles of rose wine, and drank till we were good enough to fall asleep on the deck of the boat. Then once in Greece we had to take trains to Athens... so we didnt get into our hostel until about 6pm that night. By the time it was over we had a 24 hour trip, with about 4 hours of sleep, lol.

Now that we are in Greece, we got to see the Acropolis. The thing with that is, I dont know if it was really worth seeing. They had scafolding on every building you could see, and it was like 12 euros to get in. Oh and of course I can't forget about the heat... there was next to no shade, and the sun was the hotest I have ever experienced it. Im sure some day I will relize it was worth it, but right now Im being a whiney prick, haha.

Sooo, now we are planning to go to one of the Greek islands called Santorini, where we will have our own apparment style room and kitchen... Cant wait. So from there I will be updating this blog again. Hopefully I can keep a better handle on this from then on. Sorry to overload all of your guys scheduals with reading about my life... but I know deep down you love it. Anyways guys, talk to you all again soon. Enjoy the pics!!! (sorry guys, I couldn't load as many as I would have liked. One of my camera cards is being spastic)


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



25th July 2007

Cheers to no Honda :)
When are you coming to Paris, motherfucker?

Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0139s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb