Not sure what day it is...


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
March 29th 2007
Published: March 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

I think it's Wed morning here -- and still Tues nite back home...

There is a 10 hour time difference between Pacific time and here in Athens...

Had very nice flights Monday from Abbotsford to Calgary (I have never noticed before just quite how amazing the mountains are around where we live, but I guess I'm a little more aware given my destination) and Calgary to Montreal... aisle seats with no one beside me! Montreal was a bit cool and rainy but I got to walk around a bit downtown that night, and next day went to the old part of town which is pretty neat -- got lots of pictures of old buildings and stuff...

The flight from Montreal to Athens was 10 hours overnite (got here at 11am on Wed morning)... another good flight, aisle seat, so I spent a lot of time walking around the plane... had interesting chat with guy beside me who is Greek but lives in Toronto -- he is a musician that has a production company and works on movies -- got to look/listen to a trailer on his laptop that he is working on...

Kind of cool and overcast here in Athens... so far people very friendly and helpful which is good because kind of confusing at first with everything in a different language (although Montreal kind of helped prepare me for that!) -- took bus from airport to downtown area, then got on the underground subway to the "Plaka" area and got a hotel which is right around the Acropolis, Parthenon, and Temple of Zeus and where most of the other neat stuff to see is... very spectacular at night with everything lit up!

Am heading out to take a train to a port called Piraeus on the sea about 30 minutes away, and then will come back on the underground... getting lots to eat, need to load up on protein and carbs as probably not going to be getting lots to eat when I am up in the Himalayas!!

Tomorrow (Friday) I will be flying from Athens to the Kingdom of Bahrain in Saudi Arabia, and then overnite to Kathmandhu...

Anyhow, am taking lots of pictures, and hope to be able to upload to this site at various points along the way... sending you all good wishes... please keep me in your thoughts and prayers...

Cam



Advertisement



29th March 2007

Daddy-10 Important Traveling Companions to Take with You on the Journey to Your Dreams
1. Confidence: for when things get tough, when you're overwhelmed, when you think of giving up 2. Patience: with your own trials and temptations and with others 3. An adjustable attitude: one that doesn't react, but responds with well-thought-out actions and feelings 4. Beauty: within yourself, in your surroundings, and in nature 5. Excitement: new things to enjoy and learn and experience 6. Fun: laughter and smiles any way you can get them (my favorite) 7. Companionship: people to share your happiness and sorrows, your troubles and joys (we are with you) 8. Health: mental, physical, and emotional 9. Peace: with others, yourself and in your environment 10. Love: pure, unconditional and eternal. (by Barbara Cage) This is from a book Mommy gave me to read called Keep Believing in Yourself and your Special Dreams. I love you Daddy.
30th March 2007

cool trip
hey cam i love to here all about your trip keep it coming i would love to go to the himalayans and trek around

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1133s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb