Day Two the Car


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
October 5th 2009
Published: October 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Car!The Car!The Car!

It's beautiful!
Day two… October 5, 2009…The Day of the Car

We left Stuttgart after breakfast and headed to Sindelfingen to pick up the car. The whole day consisted of setting up paper work, an informational presentation about the history of the Mercedes (more on this later), a factory tour, and finally getting the car. We imagine that the presentation was extremely informative; however, somehow we ended up in the German presentation. We were a little confused as to why they did not do one in English, but we just set there through the whole thing not understanding anything, but Tuscaloosa, Alabama (they made reference to their other facilities). Before the tour was to board the buses for the factory, they handed out headsets. At this point, we asked for headsets in English, the Mercedes presenter said, “You are in the wrong group.” He proceeded to open a door and low and behold there was a presentation that had just finished in English. We joined this group with English headsets and toured the factory. It was amazing. They use all Robots.
After the tour, we returned to the Mercedes Service Center. We had met a couple on the tour from Greenville, S.C.
Gail's present.Gail's present.Gail's present.

It was worth waiting for.
named Jim and Debbie Henderson, and they joined us for lunch.
Finally the moment came, and we got to see our car. Wow! What an experience. The tech guy went over all the bells and whistles, and we finally left for Buhl, Germany. They told us not to go over 100 mph until the first 1000 miles. I don’t think we will drive that many miles in a week, so Larry will just have to be satisfied with that. We arrived at the Buhlerhohe Schlosshotel about an hour and a half later. (We did not get lost once). It was a summer castle for European nobility. It sits on top on a mountain, with an incredible view. The food was fantastic (see pix of Larry’s dessert). After a soak in the hot tub we were ready for bed. It has been a long, but exciting day.

Coming tomorrow…France…Stay tuned!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Gail at lunch.Gail at lunch.
Gail at lunch.

We are waiting for the car!
Larry's dessert.Larry's dessert.
Larry's dessert.

Of course, it is chocolate cake with plum filling.
Gail in the hot tub.Gail in the hot tub.
Gail in the hot tub.

Wonderful after a long day.
Larry's new friend.Larry's new friend.
Larry's new friend.

He said she had a heart of stone.
Beautiful fall colors.Beautiful fall colors.
Beautiful fall colors.

The view from our room.
Beautiful fall colors.Beautiful fall colors.
Beautiful fall colors.

The view from our room.


5th October 2009

Exciting
I am so excited for you both. Can't wait to check email and see what you will show next. Larry bring home the dessert! Be safe. Carol
5th October 2009

Oh Yeah!!!
The car is beautiful. I know you must be so excited. The hotel looks really fabulous and I loved the picture of the chocolate cake. You know how much I love chocolate. Tell Larry, Tom said eat some weinerschnitel....bad spelling, but you get the idea. Have fun and take care of that new car!!! Love, Jackie
6th October 2009

sis
Nice car. Beautiful view (car and hotel)
6th October 2009

Beautiful
The car is a thing of beauty.... Hey Gail, I have that same sweater!... Yummy looking cake - do they all come with a few bites missing?

Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb