Sunday, August 16, Rodgau, Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
August 26th 2009
Published: August 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Johnny Square Dancing 64 secs

Instant repeat of breakfast. We’re getting used to lunch for breakfast and dinner for lunch and dinner.

It seemed hotter today than yesterday. The crowd seemed smaller and not so fired up. Perhaps it was the heat.

The day wore on … and we wore out. The heat got to Will, and he had a light headed moment during one of the songs. But with a little water and food, he rallied and the pow wow continued.

Many thanks were given to the drum. We, in turn, were grateful for the food and showers. Especially after the pow wow was over on Sunday and it was still hot. I got a little grumpy, as Lee will attest, because I got so hot. But since Lee got to have free food any time he wanted, he never got hungry so he never got grumpy. But I rallied after my shower in the spiffy Germany showers and we proceeded to pack it up and get out of there.

During the pow wow it looked like we were going to get slammed by a huge rainstorm … but it went around the pow wow grounds, until we were trying to pack up and get out of there. We had to get two huge, huge canopies broken down before the rain … no, I mean thunderstorm … made us run to cover. We had to duck under the van’s tailgate for a few minutes, and we dodged some lightning, prevailing by getting everything in the trailer and even us in the van.

It was late when we got back to the house, and everyone was hungry again. Luckily for us, Chinese takeout was open, so we ordered. Got to taste Chinese food German style. It was okay; we are not fussy eaters.

It seemed like a good night to stay up late and play cards, because tomorrow is actually a day we can sleep in. But going to bed at the moment seemed more tempting than being able to sleep late in the morning … or perhaps going to bed early AND sleeping late would be a good thing.

Lights out.

Quiet! Will and Johnny stop giggling!!!!!








Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb