A Quick Drive to Leipzig


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Saxony » Leipzig
August 10th 2011
Published: August 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we experienced the German motorway system and with the help of Miss GPS we were soon in Leipzig. The route we were taken on had us passing names like Berlin and Potsdam, and destinations like Munich and Dresden. All places on our must see list for our next trip. But today we have chosen Leipzig as the first of three stopovers on our trip across Germany.
When the German people put their mind to building roads they did it well. The concrete surface of the motorway today was so even it was difficult to compare with smooth seal. Passing manoeuvres appeared to occur with ease, such was the courtesy of all drivers.
It wasn’t long before we were half way to our destination and we needed a break from the boredom of motorway driving so we detoured to the small town of Beelitz. The community obviously take pride in their town. Workmen were busy re-setting the pavement cobbles and repairing curbing. One local gentleman was seen picking up some waste paper out of a public garden bed and putting it in the rubbish bin. How often do you see that in other parts of the world? We concluded our short side trip with a coffee and rejoined the motorway.
Approaching our turn off near Leipzig there were some serious earthworks being carried out and we started to wonder if our turn off had in fact disappeared. Fortunately all was well and we arrived just on check-in time. Our hotel is on the outskirts of Leipzig with a tram stop over the road. So our city trip tomorrow will once again be by public transport.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb