Koblenz on the River... Blissful Weather


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Rhineland-Palatinate » Koblenz
June 10th 2008
Published: June 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Monday 9th June
A fair journey on the bus, arrived Koblenz in a beautiful 30/32 degrees which was much appreciated. Tents quickly up on a pitch with a beautiful view onto the river, the castle and the famous statue. Realised hadn’t quite put the tents up right, so a quick change of poles to the OUTSIDE of the tents! Took some time to get hold of the ‘rules’ for the site. Headed into Koblenz after dinner & meeting for a look around & some photo opps, finishing up at the statue. Long walk back round!

Tuesday 10th June
Boat cruise down the river Rhine. Notes were confusing and thought it was half-hour -soon found out it was 2 hours, and Gisella was meeting a friend. No-one really wanted to cruise for 2 hours, so we got off after 1 hour at Rhens and got the coach to meet us and drove to Boppard in time to go up the chair-lift… spectacular views, including of our cruiser coming round the corner. Others chilled out with a coffee. Headed into Rhens where there was a Lidl and a discount clothes stores where could get a couple of jumpers/flip-flops/shorts as needed. Drove on up to Ehrenbreitstein Fortress - more great views and a chance to relax under the trees as not so much to see. Back to campsite for dinner/meeting. After, tried the Uno quiz, although a number disappeared off to the internet - but those who played were very inventive with the rules and had a good game.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.381s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 23; qc: 95; dbt: 0.1294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb