44 miles and 2 Bottles of Wine - Oct 5, 2022


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Rhineland-Palatinate » Brauneberg
October 5th 2022
Published: October 11th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Good morning, I had my first German breakfast it’s been a long time, brochen, meats, cheeses and a 4 min egg. Did I forget.... German coffee!

For our first couple of nights, Kirsten and I decided to stay in the Mosel River valley. It has Bike trails on both sides of the river along with hiking trails.

We have always wanted to bicycle along any of Germany’s rivers. So as we were flying across the Atlantic, Kirsten decided that we were going to do it.

At breakfast, Kirsten found that the i located in Brauneberg. Americans know it as the Chamber of Commerce. Basically, it’s where you get all the info you want about the village, you’re staying in.

Yes! we rented eBikes for the day and off we go toward Trier.

We first came into the village of Leiwen on the Mosel. Looking for a beer, water, or wine. We found a closed wineshop and the owner was across the street visiting with friends and offered to sell me a bottle.

Yea, I bought it! She uncorked our bottle, who needs wine glasses, we’re from Polk County.

We had half of the bottle of wine along with our sandwich for lunch and took off.

Once back on the road, we continued up the Mosel until we knew we had to turn back.

We rode back criss crossing the Mosel and riding through the vineyards.

We found another winery and purchased another bottle of wine and asked for it to be uncorked they wanted to offer us glasses, but we just said Nein “No”. Yes, they looked at us crazy Americans. We got on our eBikes and continued down the Mosel.

Once we made it back to our Zimmer, we enjoyed some Grosse Biers (Large Beers).

While having our beers the table next to us ordered Tuna Pizza, Yea it stunk.

We drove over to BernKastel-Keus and had dinner; this is where our Viking River cruise stopped many years ago.

We are back in our room and Kirsten is planning tomorrow. I’m exhausted and so is Kirsten. I think we’ll sleep well tonight.

Good night


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.427s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb