Boppard am Rhein


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Rhineland-Palatinate » Boppard
August 13th 2016
Published: August 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

lWe had a good run from Regensburg and were ready for a few family visits. Two cousins, one in Grundau and the other in Neunkirchen. Always nice to see the family again for we had so many good times in that part of the world. Our first visit was at Grundau. We stayed there the night only. Liz had a cousin there. Very nice reception as usual the coffee and kuchen is the main start to all the food they put in front of you. Next day we left for Neunkirchen. There is the main part of Liz family of her mothers side. Again so much food you can't eat it. The grilling, for us barbeque and the lioner sausages were marvellous. We made visits to Kirkel a small place close to Neunkirchen where we met more Family. As last one more Family a bit further away. We had a problem finding it but landed at the right address. We had not seen them for a while they were so pleased to see us, that makes the visit so more pleasant. It was good that it was the last to visit for the amount of food that was in front of you it's just to much but you can't say no that would not be polite. Now it was time to say Good bye. Our next place was Boppard. One of our most favourite places we like going to. Just checked in when to our great amazement two very good friends out Amsterdam turned up to spend a few days with us. That was so nice. We soon sat with a glass of wine talking right next to the river Rhine. You can't have it any better. Plans were made for the next day. Had to be the afternoon for Liz and I had to see a Doctor we were afraid Liz Leg was infected. Indeed we were right and Liz was put on antibiotics. We showed our guests what Boppard was all about. WE planned a trip to Rudesheim by car for the next day. The weather was no to bad. We showed the Lorelei. In Rudesheim we had a Rudesheim coffee with apple strudel. Spending some time in Rudesheim and having another beer it was time to drive back to Boppard, this time we took the other side of the Rhine. Had been a very nice day. A Sessel lift tour was for the last day Gerda & Dolf were with us. A bit cool but it gives a very nice view over the river and villages around the river. A short walk took us to a restaurant where the view was even better. We also took the lift back down. Once down it was a long walk back to our hotel. Again we stayed together that evening for a meal. They were leaving the next day. That morning Gerda & Dolf walked in with a nice bottle of red for my birthday. Such a nice thought. We stayed on for a few more days mainly resting Liz leg. We made another visit to see the Doctor. Liz got another prescription for antibiotics. Also more materials to dress the leg. We left on the Tuesday for Bernkastel. The next two days we will be there but the weather turned bad and could not do much as a car trip to Alf on the Mosel. We knew people there but a pity they were not there. The car trip was nice driving along the Mosel. Later the sun came through and made it a perfect day. We will see you all back in Holland.


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



17th August 2016

Hoi Alfons en Lies Laten jullie het ff weten wanneer jullie weer in Nederland zijn ?!!
17th August 2016

holliday
oh wat hebben jullie toch mazzel, volgens mij is het overal redelijk weer, maar hier in Wormer is het nu zomer, eindelijk.... Hoe gaat het met je arm zit er al verbetering in? ik hoop het voor je maar ook hopelijk minder pijn. zien jullie graag als jullie bij Ria en Peter komen in Wormer. nog hele fijne tripjes en mooi weer. groetjes Cock en Marga

Tot: 0.402s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0936s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb