Etten Leur to Boppard


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Rhineland-Palatinate » Boppard
August 22nd 2015
Published: August 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Bad Internet and being close to the end of our holidays the travel blog is not looked after. Also we do a lot on Face book that is a lot easier. We went from Valkenburg to Etten leur to visit family. We stayed there a few days and were entertained by Jola & Hugo. A pity the weather was not that good so part of those days were shopping days and visits to garden centres. Leaving Etten Leur the weather improved a lot and we had nice sun shine in Boppard. We really enjoy the time on the Rhine. Rhine and Mosel are here very close together so we even visited part of the Mosel as well. We never have been to Cologne. One day we took the car to visit this big city. Traffic in Europe is enormous. We had no idea that a small distance could take that long. We lucky enough found a park in the middle of Cologne. Underground and very big we had to make sure that we would find the car back. We wanted to visit the Dom of Cologne that was not that far away. Starting of with a coffee we went for a walk from the Heumarket where we had the car over the old market to where the Dom was. Very impressive building but not as nice a church of some of the others we have seen. Spend a couple of hours there before we visited a Museum of Roman and German olden times. Cologne also dates from the first few years AD. We finished our visit with sit down on a terrace with Ice coffee, was very nice. We did notice the many warnings we had to keep your camera's close by and not on the table. The way back to Boppard was a disaster. For hours we stood in files for the traffic was completely blocked. The trip back should take no more than an hour, took us more than double. Next day we along the Rhine to a place called Linz. It dates from the 1300. It looks very much like the places Cochem and Bernkastle on the Mosel. More photos and video so more memories for later on. We spend a few more days on the Rhine, the weather is beautiful, we also have a balcony from where we can see all the traffic down below and on the river for it is very busy there. Monday we move on to Holland.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb