Day 1: Frankfurt to Mainz -52 km


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Mainz-Kostheim
July 8th 2012
Published: July 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 1: Frankfurt to Mainz- 52km.

Arrived in Frankfurt, picked up the panniers & then the trike. While sitting on the floor of the airport arranging stuff a German couple stopped to chat. When I mentioned that we needed a place for our bike plastic for the return trip they quickly offered to take the bag. Wow talk about a great first 1/2 hour in Germany. Thus Claudia & Marco's took our bag then invited us to call them and even to stay on our way home. I said perhaps we could ride together and thus we have our last ride in the country planned before we started!

We easily left the airport which took well over a 1/2 hour ride to get past the airport. We asked someone for directions and we had more help than we could have hoped for throughout the day. Directions and help from people was plentiful and almost everyone we stopped spoke some English (most very well).

After longer than we planned we ended up at a small campground directly on the Rhine, called Camping Klause. We then rode about a 1/2 km to have supper at the local Canoe/Rowing Club and had a wonderful time in the Beergarten on the river, where the woman even gave us her business card and told us to call if we need anything! The note of the day is that we are certainly making the people smile with our trike. We've had many thumbs up and "cool, nice, and smiles throughout the day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb