Day 3: Worms to Altrip- 60km


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Rhineland-Palatinate » Altrip
July 7th 2012
Published: July 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 3: Worms to Altrip - 60km.

Weather: Work to light drizzle. Had shelter to pack up. Light drizzle for a bit but mainly overcast by mid-morning and dry. Warm in later afternoon.

We had a later start from the Yaght Club due to drizzle this morning. We had breakast in the Yatch Club and had absolutely no idea what we actually ordered. It turned out to be 2 eggs and a basket of bread. We thought we ordered eggs, sausage & toast! Denis did manage to get a glass of orange juice & me a coffee which kept me going full steam ahead the day through (basically expresso -large). Anyhow the rain settled we managed to pack up dry again threw the rain jackets on and headed out. We planned to do a slight shorter day today but alas it didn't work out that way. We did find out about a campground enroute, found it and settled in Altrip early. We setup camp and rode to town in search of Wine and food in that order. We had a Venetian Pizza and then I had Kaffee Gilato for dessert. The funny part was we paid $1.70 for a small can of coke and a small can of orange Fanta. Returned after dinner and paid $2.88 for a litre of delicious Leiblich (sweet) white wine & a Smirnoff Ice. So the deal is we brought the wine glasses and clearly it is much cheaper to drink wine than anything else! Denis is as usual up to the normal genius thinking on this trip and we are sitting on the trike facing each other enjoying the wine! Yup he managed to set the trike up so it is basically an extended lawn chair for two- absolutely brilliant :-) The funny part of the campsite is that it is Friday night and packed. We have a group of campers singing Que Sarah, Sarah on wide side and another sining "I get knocked down and I get up again on the other side with kids playing everywhere. We are fine as we are tired and have earplugs and plans to head out early.

Advertisement



8th July 2012

curious
You paid with Dollars in Germany???

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb