Friday, Germany Day 2


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
August 14th 2009
Published: August 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Trailer Trailer Trailer

All this stuff had to be unpacked and set up. This isn't even as full as it got later on.
Friday, Germany Day 2

First, we really aren't in Frankfurt ... we're in Rodgau, but just a 30 minute train ride to Frankfurt.

No rest for the wicked!!! We’re out of the house at 7:45. Breakfast was served at the pow wow grounds. We get the eat free!!! Now that’s a good thing for a bunch of Indians!!! We were served the typical German breakfast: bread, cold cuts, cheese, butter, something like Miracle Whip. And coffee. The coffee was good. And, hey, it was free!!!

After breakfast, we went to work setting up many canopies that belong to Tdom Bah. I raised my hand and used the “elder card,” so I snuck off to a quiet spot and typed. Had to get that Germany Day 1 done.

We went back to the house in the afternoon for everyone to get their regalia, some took showers, some opted to take showers at the pow wow grounds. The organizers of this pow wow really went all out! Showers with hot water, porta potties that are kept clean (not sure how) and don’t have any odor.

We wandered around the grounds, got dressed … well everyone else did but
FoodFoodFood

One of our many meals at the pow wow grounds.
me, because I left my dress at the house. So Mariah helped me get an outfit together with a shawl as a skirt and some of my beaded stuff.

Today was just a warmup day. Tdom Bah put together a little concert. I got to play the flute first. I went out there on stage and played three songs. Guess they sounded okay! Love that reverb.

Then Johnny came on and did a few songs with his acoustic guitar. And, yes, later on he sold a CD .. His first international sale. We’re hoping for many more.

And Chucki, if you are reading this, we sold one of your Chucki Begay and the Mother Earth Blues Band recordings.

After Johnny finished, he had to go to the drum … Pumpkin Vyne had their first almost official performance. A few of the hobbists came out and danced, sometimes doing a round dance to an intertribal, but we’re the only ones taking names !!!!

We hung around until it was time to close the gate. Sacred Grounds even made a few sales so we have some extra Euros for the trip. They do feed us well; typical
And I Came Why?And I Came Why?And I Came Why?

Or Will contemplating the next four weeks.
German food though so lots of sausage, ribs and French fries. But they do have ketchup, so all was well.

Then off to Annya’s and Roland’s house. There was a rousing Rummy game … I understand it was a combination of German and American Rummy. I was upstairs trying to get online and do a little moving around of money for Susan and the Trading Post. They were lots of laughter, on and on. They all forgot to be tired.

Finally, they slowly moved towards bed. We have another early morning tomorrow, so hopefully everyone will be able to get up and out the door by 7:30 a.m.





Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Nina's HorseNina's Horse
Nina's Horse

This is for all the horses enthusiasts. Annya's daughter's horse. Nice, huh?
BowieBowie
Bowie

I want one just like him!
VendingVending
Vending

This is our vending canopy.
PracticePractice
Practice

Just to make sure we got it right!!
More PracticeMore Practice
More Practice

We're still making sure. It was good to have a practice run the day before the pow wow started.


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb