First Days in Berlin


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
June 17th 2014
Published: June 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Upon arrival in Berlin I stayed at St. Christopher's Inn Hostel. This hostel is quite a happening place and a wonderful way to meet fellow travelers here in Germany. The Hostel itself is clean. I stayed in a 6 bed all female dorm. Really it is like a mini apartment- there are two bedrooms, one has the 6-bed dorm and the other a 2-bed dorm, a kitchen fully stocked with dishes and pots and pans, and a bathroom with shower. It is pretty plush really. Unfortunately the beds are not very comfortable-but with jet lag that really isn't an issue because I could sleep almost anywhere. The first few days my schedule was way off! This allowed for some very early mornings where I was able to explore Alexanderplatz- a very happening center for shopping tourists and a metro station hub-in the wee hours of the morning before many people were around. Getting to Alexanderplatz early in the morning allowed me to experience some of the chalk art in the plaza immediately after the artist completed and before it had been trampled on by thousands of tourists. I recommend exploring some popular places when they are empty and then again when they are full of people. Places gain more dimension this way.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb