Welkommen to Berlin!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
April 18th 2005
Published: April 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The jewish memorialThe jewish memorialThe jewish memorial

This is the most breathtaking thing i have ever seen! this is only a small part of it, i have 2 pictures so i could get the entire thing on photos. they represent one for each jew killed during the war. it is still under construction
Helloooooo from berlin! Today is our first day in berlin and has it been one of the best experiences ever! And i Quote Kennedy when i say "Ich bin ein Berliner!" (the big joke is that in german a berliner is a jelly doughnut) We got to school ion ochtrup this morning and i forgot my $ and my cameras so i had to get a ride with our driver to my house, (i found the way and i didn't get lost) i ran in to our house got my stuff and went back to school! well we got there and we headed out on a 7 hr bus ride! YUCKY!!!!!!! Then halfway through the bus ride the driver stopped for a break and we all got out. We had fun there! the guys were playing with their bouncy ball and having a great time! Then we piled back on to endure the rest of the ride! We got to berlin arround 14:30-14:45. we got off the bus and went to our hostel. (a hostel is a hotel for teens where you can play games and do fun stuff without searching berlin for it!) it was really nice there! we all enjoyed it verry much. it was our teen daycare! Then when we all got settled we went to a museum, i don't know exactly what it was called but there were pictures of iraq and we discussed the german gov't and it was interesting. we also saw a new memorial for the jewish killed during WWII It was one of those things that just makes your jaw drop to the ground and really think about how things used to be some 40 years before we were here. Then we saw a hotel, the one michael jacksion hung his baby out of the window from! it was high! then we went to pizza for supper asnd headed back to the hostel. we didn't do any thing tonight because we do not know the area well enough! bye bye! Heather and the berliners!

ps thanks mr lareau for the comment, i passed it on to nick!

Advertisement



24th April 2005

Berlin sounds great.
nice photo, nice info; we enjoy reading about your trip; have fun.
2nd February 2006

Holocaust Memorial
Hey, just wanted to drop a line about the number of stones. There are 1,100 plus a few extra. I can't remember the exact number. From what I have read, it's not the number of columns that's important, but instead the feelings it invokes... because there were definately alot more than 1,100 Jews that lost their lives in this time.

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb