Berlin!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
August 26th 2011
Published: August 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone!

We are nearing the end of our trip! We made it into Berlin today and it is HOT. We are sitting in a hot and sticky internet cafe trying to figure out real life issues again such as paying rent, credit card bills, and Christopher's study visa for the upcoming school year. We just spent three days in Dresden and had a great time! It feels like Portland, Europe style. Very progressive and artsy. There are a lot of Hookah bars and people with funny hair and clothes. At night all of Neustadt is full of 20-somethings drinking beer in the streets. The first night we came across it, it was so full I thought there was some night parade happening, but no....it was just a Wednesday night!

Walking around this town you would not know it had been blown to smithereens just 60 years ago. It is as if they did not document any of the destruction or reconstruction. The most information we found was on postcards and in a church that was only recently rebuilt in 1999. You would think the city would have some sort of memorial or SOMETHING....but we couldn't find it and everyone seemed to have a "We have moved on" sort of attitude. So Chris and I picked up that vibe and spent three days drinking beer and mojitos and riding bikes while enjoying the slower pace of this hippie town.

Now we are in Berlin for the last days of our trip. I will try to do one more update before we fly out. Love to all!

Andrea

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb