Berlin Day One


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
August 3rd 2009
Published: August 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Ok due in part to the fact that we got in so late that morning, and yet again the dry sherry curse, we were in fact late for the train we wanted to get. Having said that, using our tickets is really easy, so expect us to get complacent for the next train journey and arrive late again....

We had to say goodbye to the nice hotel SIGH. I miss it so much 😞

The sausage rolls in the train station make a good late morning breakfast.

The train journey was smooth and relaxing. Like a nice dry sherry. We got some sleep and made fun of Conors hat alot. We read, listened to music and generally had a laugh. At Conors hat.

So a million hours later we arrive in Berlin. A short hop skip and a U Bahn away, we arrive at the hostel. Its nice and clean and central (i miss the nice Amsterdam Hotel) and the staff are friendly. We meet up with two American girls and have a laugh with them. They bring us to this kind of EMO diner where the chips are called f**k off fries. I order the smallest steak that has ever existed. It came from the smallest cow that ever existed and lives in a matchbox. The one thing i did like about the place was the 'bucket o beer' which was essentially 6 bottles of beer for 15 euro. Two quickly dissapeared from their stock room.

Anywho, at this stage i have mysteriously injured my right achilles tendon and am hobbling like noones business. I make my excuses and retire to the hostel. I get into bed and grab a few hours sleep before im awoken by Conor with the most 'ive got a favour to ask you face' on him than ive ever seen. I take the hint and go downstairs to enjoy the couch in the lobby for a while.

That while lasted until a few hours after sunrise. Enda also scored the other one.

Nice.

Quote from the day:

When Conor came into the room and i woke up, got up and read the situation in 3 seconds he asks

' how can you wake up so quickly?'

To which i replied

' The witty part of my brain is still asleep, dont worry'



Missing home rating (from 0-10): 4 Mysterious liver pain rating (from 0-10): 8 General state of merryment in group (from 0-10): 6



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb