Hangin' with the Schwule und Lesben


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
June 28th 2009
Published: June 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was the Christopher Street Day Parade in Berlin, the joyous finale to Berlin Pride. More than any other pride festival I have witnessed, what impressed me most about this event was how everyone - gay, straight, young, old, singles, families, etc. - came out to cheer on the crazy show. Grandmothers and small children cheered as the human dogs passed; bemused tourists had pictures taken with men in backless chaps. The whole city was celebrating. And my faith in humanity was given a major boost....

The photos should speak for themselves.

PS The day was kicked off with a ceremony at the Denkmal fur die im Nationalsozialismus verfolgten Homosexuellen (Monument to the Homosexuals Persecuted during National Socialism), at which the gay mayor of Berlin, Klaus Wowereit, gave a speech. While I didn't understand much (my high school German has, alas, withered considerably!), I was still happy to experience the moment and see the mayor up close!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



28th January 2010

DRAG QUEEN TCHAKA FROM BRAZIL
http://www.fotolog.com.br/tchakadrag VENHA CONHECER MEU TRABALHO DE ANIMAÇÃO E ENCANTAMENTO NO BRASIL.

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb