Berlin


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
August 2nd 2008
Published: August 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey all,
hope all is going well back home with everybody! Ok, so far we are in Munich BUT, before that we were in Berlin. First place we stayed at was a youth hostel, which Pudd you did warn us against staying one of them but it was all we could get at the time. There was apsolutely nothing to do in the hostel and nothing in the local area so we took it as a time out destination to let our bodies have a bit of a rest from all the awsomeness that has been our trip. After there we moved to a hostel called Wombats which is still within Berlin. It was awsome!
They had a bar up on the top level with a Balcony that gave us a really good view of the city, the beer was cheap and i was King of the pool table the whole time we stayed there, yay!
Whilst there we took advantage of the free walking tour provided by the hostel which took us all around The city from the Berlin wall to Check point Charlie to Hitlers Bunker which just happens to be a parking lot now. We also went to the concentration camp in Berlin that was called.........some unpronouncable German name, i did write it down but have missplaced the bit of paper, anyway, we were taken through out the entire camp and whilst interesting to learn about, at the same time very sad what happened there. The amount of physical labour that they delt with as well as the mental pressure was just barbaric. We were in a room that was tiled completely white with two operating tables in the middle where the jews were experimented on to find new cures for diseases, eg they would have one of there arms sliced open and have an infected bit of straw inserted in and the sewn up again, the reason for this was Germans wanted to find a cure for gang green so thay would just let them get infected with it but, but as we know there is know cure for it except to cut off the limb, but they did not even do that so the jews would have a very long and painful death. Others were put to work in different ways, some had to make shoes that were alot sturdier then the ones that the Germans already had. Once they made them they had to run around out side for hours on end in the freezing snow in Boots that were 2 sizes too small for them, you could imagine what that did for there feet.

Any way got to go now cos i have to catch a train but will up date you guys again soon!

Brett and Karina.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb