Berlin is an asshole, until you get to know it


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
July 8th 2007
Published: July 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

we hope.

a final note on prague - crazy roommates from spain. they each said they had 5 guitars and 2 bulls back at home, and that they always clap their hands in a rhythmically spastic manner when they dance. but these guys were hillarious. one basically would fuck anything that walks. he asked us if there were any girls staying in our room, we said yes, 2 girls. his response: snnniiiifffffff... ahh smells wet! ridiculous guys. one of them had spent a year studying in louisianna so he spoke perfect english. he knew more about american culture and politics than we did. after a while, we were wishing he'd shut up because we were starting to feel like bad citizens.

also devin got accosted by a zombie.

now we're in berlin, but the experience has been less than ideal so far. on the train somebody was yacking up their stomach, over and over and over. in a very violent way. everybody in our car could hear it and were all just looking around in disbelief. once we got to berlin, more problems. in a nut shell, we didnt realize that there are 2 streets with identical names in berlin, on opposite sides of the city, and our hostel is on one of them. so we walked for a couple of hours all around northern berlin, in the pouring rain mind you, only to find that we were supposed to be in western berlin. in the woods. yes, our hostel is in the forrest at the end of one of the richest streets in berlin. apparantly the german president has an unofficial residence on this street. we saw it walking back from some bars last night, surrounded by guards and police. the place we're staying at is pretty nice, though. it's very clean and the management is a nice couple that seem to know where to go and what to see. we met some guys from philly and hit up a couple of bars last night, but because of the lack of public transportation to this area didnt make it back till almost 4am. when we got back, though, nobody knew the passcode for the door, so we had to climb in through the window to get back into our hostel. the aussies we were rooming with woke us up around 9:45 am, so we really didnt sleep much last night. today we're off into the city to see some sights, then back for a nap, and out to hit up a pubcrawl. we'd better get some sleep.

tomorrow we head back to munich for a night, then fly off to istanbul, turkey to meet up with dave and get a little crazier.

Advertisement



8th July 2007

somebody should start adding comments

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0813s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb