over the hill


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria
March 30th 2009
Published: April 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone. Not sure if these are going through but here goes again. We are berthed at the moment in the Main -Danube Canal as our evening entertainment has just got off . They were an oom pah pah band and we had a great night singing drinking songsand linking arms and swaying and all that. It is not only expected but downright compulsary or so they say. The feelings aboard are terrific and I cant fault a thing. We had a lovely morning in Nuremberg. Beautiful clean well laid out city with gothic and medieval sandstone buildings and very little of the war damage showing. They rebuilt almost straight away apparently with sandstone from the same quarries they have been using for 400 Years. Tonight was the Captains Gala Dinner so we scrubbed up pretty well and as we entered the dining room the captain handed all the ladies a red rose. During the day some of the guys had found a winebar with Jacobs Creek wine at E 2.50 so many of them bought it back to the ship. I posted a box back to you Michelle with some Easter things in it but I dont think it will get there in time after further discussion with the crew.Never mind. They do easter in a really big way over here and Ive had fun looking in the shop windows for merchandising ideas as well as taking photos for Pash .Its 11.45 at night so I wont do a lot because I might not make sense soon.I am really well and happy and have make some great friends. ther are three couples particularly and I call ourselves the secret seven .Tomorrow is cruising all morning through about another 20 locks but its all downhill from here we crossed the Great Continental Divide at four oclock this afternoon.Blue champagne all roung and german pastries in the lounge and it was even fine enough for us to go outside on the sun deck and wait for the great photo oppotunity. Hah!!! It was the ugliest piece of square concrete I have ever seen. You should have heard the laughter and sort of letdown when we got there. But any champagne excuse is good isnt it. Tomorrow is Regensburg another medieval town surprise surprise but I have to say they are all a little bit different and the local guides are very well chosen for their personalities as well as their knowledge. tomorros night we will have four guys who sing a capella and they are from the Regensburg Cathedral choir. They also have a boys choir just like the Vienna Boys Choir.Music is very big every over here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 51; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.6mb