Day 2 & 3


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria
September 6th 2007
Published: September 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Danube RiverDanube RiverDanube River

We found the Danube River during out Scavenger Hunt. It is pretty close to the Villa.
Wednesday:
*We met in the afternoon for a scavenger hunt to get to know the city better. We got into small groups and we had a few hours to finish. Walking around we found: the Danube River, our school, the post office, the laundromat, the bus station, our language school, the ATM/bank, and Teleworld. We took pictures at all the sites. We walked a few miles and got to see a bunch of other cool stuff too, like a park. We watched a lady feed the ducks (see photos).
*After we got back, a bunch of us went to the big market, which is farther away. We took with backpacks, because we had to walk farther and because it costs money to use bags. Once we got there, we saw how it was set up, like this: basement, food; main level, like KMart; and top level, Beverages, but mostly beer. The escalators were cool, they are really flat and steep, so that carts can go on it. I went up to get some pop, so I grabbed a Coke Zero. All the pop is in 1 liter bottles, aluminum cans are rare. So I found it and started to go down
Castle!Castle!Castle!

A cool castle in Ingolstadt- I used my photo options to make the blue standout
the escalator. The workers were yelling at me in German, but I couldn't understand so I kept going. Finally, they sent the bag boy after me. Apparently...you are supposed to pay for beverages before going to the other levels. So I pretty much was attempting to steal....but I didn't realize it. That was pretty embarassing. We also got shampoo, but since the bottles are so similar, it is hard to distinugish between shampoo and conditioner if you cannot read German.
*At night, we went to the chicken man to get food. He has a truck pulled up near the Villa so 4 of us went and split 2 chickens, its like rotisserie chicken- really good! It was only 6 Euros or so, so well worth it.

Thursday:
*Early in the morning, we went to our school to apply for our student visas. That was cool because it was our first time being in the school and Frau Ellis spoke English. It was interesting to hear that our nationality was "Amerikanisch." I had never been referred to as that before.
*After that, we walked around town more. We walked around for like 3 hours for a few miles, and found
DucksDucksDucks

We found this cool pond with ducks, with a lady feeding them. She did not get too happy when we accidentally scared them away.
some cool parks near the Danube River, where apparently there is a Renaissance Festival- type thing this weekend. We also found some cool coffee shops and bakeries, where we got Bailey's Lattes and chocolate croissants. One older lady thought we were German, but we had to tell her we werent, but she kept talking to us in German anyways.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

DowntownDowntown
Downtown

We went downtown and walked around. We found a coffee shop and had Bailey's Lattes that were warm on a cold day.
Park!Park!
Park!

We stumbled across a park near the Danube River and played around for a bit.
RoomatesRoomates
Roomates

Amanda and I took a nice picture on a walk.


Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.6mb