World Championships 2010 - Day 4


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Schwangau
May 13th 2010
Published: May 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

View todayView todayView today

Cable car station at the bottom of Tegelberg. The cables just disappear in the fog.
The weather today is even worse than yesterday. This morning, I could not see the bottom of Tegelberg, let alone the top. Sight is about 200 metres, probably less. And it is raining. Of course, the day was cancelled. We will hike up to the Drehhütte later on with a group of people. Benno even organised a bus that will take all the people who can’t walk well enough to make it up to the restaurant. Flip wants me to say hi to all my readers! So hi from Flip. And hi Flip!

Yesterday, Corinna came over with the crowns she has created for the three women who win the comp. They are made from blue Lapislazuli, pearls and crystals that symbolise the blue sky, clouds, and air. And all of them have little hanggliders on them. Most beautiful!

Later on, Klaus and I walked around the Alpsee, a most beautiful lake that has an amazing colour, between green and blue, and that has beautiful clear water. It is not far from Neuschwanstein Castle and a nice and easy walk.

In the evening, we had the prize giving for the winners of Class 2 and afterwards a party.
Alpsee 1Alpsee 1Alpsee 1

View towards Hohenschwangau Castle.
There were not many people there, but the music was very good. All those who were there really had fun, dancing and chatting.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Alpsee 2Alpsee 2
Alpsee 2

View towards Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau Castle.
Alpsee 3Alpsee 3
Alpsee 3

See the beautiful colour of the water? I love it!
Florian & the crownFlorian & the crown
Florian & the crown

Corinna's brother Florian who is doing public relations here tried the winner on crown that Corinna had created.


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb