Friday, August 21, Rothenburg


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Rothenburg ob der Tauber
August 31st 2009
Published: August 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

At the RanchAt the RanchAt the Ranch

"Main Street" at the Ranch.

I think. Friday? I know we’re still in Germany but it’s hard to keep track on how many days we’ve been here and I’m too lazy to try and count backwards.

Today was supposed to be the first day of a three-day pow wow. “Supposed to be” are the operative words. It rained. Hard. Thunder and lightning. The starting time was scheduled for 10:00 a.m. with Grand Entry at 12:00 p.m. The guys were getting dressed when it started to pour. And it rained all day long.

We sat around and played cards. A public broadcasting crew came to do a live six minute feed about the pow wow and the Ranch. You just can’t imagine how many people it took to do this. And then the rain passed and the sun peeked out and people started showing up. But we had cancelled the pow wow … wet grass, on and off rain … so we put on our regalia and danced a bit and sang a few songs. The tv station was happy and our small audience was happy.

Let me tell you how late German’s eat dinner. LATE! Not before 9:00 p.m. Now, can you
Let it RainLet it RainLet it Rain

We're enjoying just hanging out and singing.
imagine our group wanting to wait to eat dinner after 9:00 p.m. That’s time for dessert or second meal but not dinner. Usually they feed us all the same thing … salad consists of chopped tomatoes and cheese and a protein. Usually some sort of sausage. Alone or on a roll. Tonight we did get to pick from a menu of four choices. Most chose spare ribs. It came with a roll and chopped tomatoes, onions and cheese.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

One More One More
One More

After our commerical, which no one wanted to look at. Jackie assured us after she watched it that we looked just fine.,


Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb